10.25.2006

ALMOST THERE

DSC02063

So now that my floors are done I'm on the hunt for shit to put on top of it. First on the list is a knock-off of the tulip table by Saarinen. Since the real thing retails for $2-3k (stupid) and I'm chinese (cheap), I need a knockoff. Apparently this company called Burke made tulip table/chair repros back in the day but they're hard to find now. Might end up just going with the new one from white on white. Shit, furniture's expensive but I love telling people not to sit on something that's meant to be sat on. It's like I'm both the curator AND the security guard of my own mini museum.
Also found this nice link while lurking on all the mod sites, it's a chart of all the current knockoff brands that manufacture the Barcelona chair and their specs. Who knew the .2mm offset in leather thickness was worth a $2k difference

About Me

Flickr linked photography is under Creative Commons license. Please contact teamsteam3000@gmail.com for any usage rights. Thank you!